CONCORD, N.H. – The NHTI Men's basketball team ran past Central Maine Community College Friday night, 94-75 in the final regular season game for the Lynx. The win secured the top seed in the Yankee Small College Conference Elite Eight tournament with a 13-2 conference record.
NHTI jumped out to a 17-5 lead six minutes into the game on a three-pointer made Alex Cohen (Marion, Md.). Cohen netted a game high 23 points off the bench for the Lynx. NHTI held the lead from start to finish shooting 49% from the field and 46% from behind the arc.
The Mustangs pulled within 10 points late in the first half heading into the break down 43-33. Charles Cedre led Central Maine with 15 points. CMCC fall to the third seed in the YSCC tournament with a 19-10 overall record and 12-2 in the YSCC.
NHTI improves to 19-11 overall and 13-2 in conference. The Lynx head to Southern Maine Thursday for post season play. The winner of the YSCC tournament earns an automatic bid to the United States Collegiate Athletic Association's National championships in March.
BY THE NUMBERS
Central Maine Community College
· Charles Cedre– 15 points 3 rebounds, and a pair of steals
· Sheveran Hardy– 17 points, four rebounds, and four assists
· Alex Cohen (Marion, Md.) – 23 points
· Shaq James (Coral Springs, Fla.) – 15 points and four rebounds
· Dante Ramos (Coral Springs, Fla.) – 11 points, seven rebounds, and a block